Hawaii Beach Weddings



The State of Hawaii requires a Right-of-Entry (ROE) Permit for beach wedding ceremonies and photography. The purpose of getting beach wedding permits in Hawaii is to:

  • Protect our natural and cultural resources”,
  • Provide for public resident recreational access that does not damage those resources”, and
  • Allow commercial activity that does not damage the natural and cultural resources, or negatively impact the public’s recreational use.” (Violations may result in a $5,000 fine.)


” ‘Shoreline’ means the upper reaches of the wash of the waves, other than storm and seismic waves, at high tide during the season of the year in which the highest wash of the waves occurs, usually evidenced by the edge of vegetation growth, or the upper limit of debris left by the wash of the waves.” We simply call it the tidal zone.


We are very respectful of the environment & public access to the beaches & parks, and always seek a place that will not negatively impact either. Therefore when the State of Hawaii ROE Permit is applicable, we will obtain it as required according to the space required.   See  Hawaii Terms & Conditions  for details.

Our fees are posted with the site information and on the Reservation Form. If you want to get the permit on your own, be advised that a Liability Insurance Policy of at least $300,000 is required to open an account with the state. You don’t want to go that route.


We will get your beach wedding permit if needed

Our packages do not include permit fees which are $25 for up to 20 total attendees and $35 for more than 20 attendees with a maximum of 30 total. The majority of our weddings will only require the minimum space of 200 square feet. ONCE THE PERMIT IS OBTAINED, THE DATE, TIME, SITE & NUMBER OF GUESTS CANNOT BE CHANGED. If a change is required, a new permit reflecting the changes will be needed. There is NO REFUND once the permit application is made. A new permit fee would apply.

Also, City & County Parks are now enforcing their requirement for getting a permit for park use. If you are in doubt (as you probably are), we will indicate when it is required and add it to your order. Thanks for your understanding.


Our couples who choose to have their marriage or renewal ceremony on a sandy “beach”, in the tidal zone described above as “shoreline”, will need a permit. If we are on the sand outside of that defined area, a City & County permit may be needed. DLNR does not allow the use of chairs (except for disabled persons), tables, arches and other assorted decorative elements in the shoreline. Such items may be permitted in public parks. Whatever the case, the site must be returned to its prior condition.


  • If a permit is required (see the notes on individual sites), we will advise you in your confirmation notice
  • If in doubt, please contact us.

Mahalo for your understanding & cooperation.